Low Calorie Hearty Black Bean Soup in an Instant Pot
This super easy, dump all the ingredients in, recipe is not only low-calorie, it is also vegan, oil-free and sugar-free.
At less than 100 calories per servings, you’ll never have to feel guilty about have a second serving!
Hearty Black Bean Soup
This low-calorie, hearty black bean soup is easy to make in your Instant Pot.This recipe is also Vegan, oil-free and sugar-free.
- 16 ounces dried black beans rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large bell pepper (color of your choice) chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 28 ounce can, whole tomatoes can substitute diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- Add all of the ingredients to the inner liner of you Instant Pot in the order listed. Do not stir.The reason for this is, I’ve often found, tomatoes can give you the dreaded “Burn” notice. So, as there really is no need to stir the ingredients, I don’t. Doing it this way keeps the tomatoes away from the bottom and prevents burning.Note: I used frozen homemade veggie broth in this recipe. I like to make broth ahead and freeze it in pre-measured sizes. It’s okay to put it in frozen but that may increase the amount of time it takes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
- Place the inner pot into your Instant Pot. Close and lock the lid, ensuring that the pressure valve is in the sealing position.Select the Bean/Chili mode and set the cooking time for 22 minutes.
- Once cooking time is complete, allow a full NPR (Natural Pressure Release). It will take about 40-50 minutes for the float valve to drop.Once the valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid. Then, remove the inner liner to a heatproof surface, remove the bay leaves and stir.While stirring, press any tomatoes that a still whole against the side of the pan to break them up.
- Serve immediately and use garnishes of your choice. I used homemade tortilla chips but chopped avocado and/or cilantro are nice, too.You can also refrigerate or freeze this soup for later use.
(Visited 107 times, 4 visits today)